Otitis is an inflammatory process accompanied by swelling of the auricle. The disease can be: acute, chronic, purulent, catarrhal. The causative agents are: staphylococci, streptococci, hemophilic rods and others.
In addition to cocci, there are a number of reasons that trigger the occurrence of otitis in children and adults:
● sudden changes in pressure, for example, during take-off of an airplane or immersion in water;
● penetration into the ear of dirty water;
● chronic diseases in the nasal cavity and pharynx;
● low immunity;
● viral and infectious diseases;
● trauma to the external auditory canal;
● high humidity and temperature;
● foreign objects in the auricle, including the use of the hearing aid;
● inaccurate removal of earwax by mechanical means;
● catarrhal, acute respiratory and infectious diseases affecting the mucous membrane of the nasopharynx.
● with a strong nose blowing, the infection can seep into the middle ear, resulting in inflammation.
● genetic predisposition.
There are a number of signs of otitis, which may indicate the onset of the disease: hearing impairment, noise and stuffiness in the ears, pain and purulent or putrefactive discharge from the auricle, fever, headache, nausea, vomiting, imbalance.
It is worth considering several symptoms in the complex. Separately, a weak pain can not speak about otitis, but, for example, about the disease of teeth.
Symptoms of otitis in infants are more difficult to recognize. If a hungry child suddenly stops sucking, begins to turn his head and cry, perhaps the process gives him pain. In addition, the baby's fever rises, vomiting can occur, when you click on the tragus the baby will start to break out and cry. All this can mean the presence of an inflammatory process in the ear.
It’s not possible to diagnose otitis by yourself. An accurate diagnosis can be made only by a specialist after carrying out the necessary studies.
The ear is inspected with the help of an otoscope. This device allows to notice any contraction of the tympanic membrane.
In addition, sometimes tympanometry is used for diagnosis. The method allows you to determine whether there is fluid in the middle ear, and also to detect the presence of an obstruction in the Eustachian tube.
Sometimes the specialist resorts to the analysis of the fluid in the middle ear.
Also, reflexometry is used for diagnosis. This method is capable of measuring reflected sound.
Otitis can have unpleasant and even dangerous consequences, it can be treated only under the supervision of specialists who will conduct all the necessary examinations, and also prescribe the right treatment.
As an additional treatment, physiotherapy procedures are often prescribed, one of which is dynamic electro-neuro stimulation (DENS) therapy.
Devices DENAS allow you to conduct therapy yourself and at home.
The use of DENS therapy can accelerate the recovery process, remove inflammation and reduce the pain of the patient with otitis. Thus, therapy can reduce the timing of the use of medications, thereby reducing the risks of possible side effects.
The most convenient and suitable device for the treatment of otitis is DENAS PCM. This is a multipurpose device with wide range of programs. It has one active electrode, which is easy to locate in areas of influence.
In the acute period of the disease, DENS procedures can be performed 2-4 times a day before the improvement.
With chronic disease, DENS therapy - 1 procedure a day, 10-14 days. After 1 month, repeat the course.
1. Parotid zone. Mode "Therapy" frequency 77; 9,2Hz at a comfortable power level (electrodes are rearranged around the auricle), 5-15 min.
2. Trigeminal nerve zone. Mode "Therapy" frequency of 10Hz with a comfortable power level of 15-20 seconds. to each point.
3. Cervical-collar zone. Mode "Therapy" frequency of 77Hz at a comfortable level of power with allowance for blood pressure 5 min.
4. Su Jok Compliance Area. Mode "Therapy" frequency of 77Hz with a comfortable power level of 2.5 minutes.
There are contraindications.
It is recommended to consult with a specialist before use.