On the neck area there are quite large loads: it must ensure the safety and high mobility of the head without violating the blood supply and innervation. Also there are many vital organs in this anatomical area. On this basis, even minor dysfunctions or damage in the neck cause serious discomfort. Pain in the neck can arise in almost everyone, and it can have various causes.
● Injury (damage to the muscles, tendons, or ligaments)
● Overwork, exhaustion
● Wrong position of the head during sleep
● Herniated disk in the neck
● Arthritis (such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis)
● Cervical (neck) disk degeneration
● Congenital (present at birth) abnormalities of the vertebrae and bones
In addition to pain in the neck, headache, decreased ability to move your head and pain in the hands or other parts of the back can occur.
Treatment depends on its precise cause and is appointed by the attending physician in accordance with a specific diagnosis and most often includes non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (paracetamol, aspirin, ibuprofen, etc.), local anesthetics. In some cases, glucocorticosteroid therapy is used.
Physiotherapy (Dynamic electro-neuro stimulation (DENS) ultrasound, magnetic therapy, massage) can be used to relieve inflammation, reduce pain and speed up recovery.
DENS therapy (dynamic electro-neuro stimulation) is an effective physiotherapy method for treating neck pain at home. Its action is aimed at eliminating the cause of the disease, combined with the absence of side effects with a good clinical improvement.
For the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis at home and in hospitals, we recommend a specialized device DENAS-Osteo.
The device is used for intense pain in the neck and shoulder region, with chronic fatigue and sleep disturbance, with discomfort in the neck, combined with headache and meteosensitivity.
Also, the multipurpose device DENAS PСM is actively used in the treatment of neck pain. In addition to efficiency, its advantage includes ease of use, compact size (you can conduct therapy at home and on travel) and the ability to use in case of other diseases.
DENAS-osteo “Pain therapy” automatic program or DENAS PCM 6:
- Cervical spine. Mode “therapy” at a frequency of 77Hz, 140Hz LS 5-30min 1-2 times a day or program “BACK” 7-10 days.
- Neck and collar area. Mode “therapy” at a frequency of 9,6 Hz LS 5-15 min 1-2 times a day 7-10 days or until recovery.
For the convenience of the procedures we recommend using additional electrodes DENAS applicators.
There are contraindications. It is recommended to consult your physician before use.